Sunday, October 14, 2012

Taken 2

click on the picture above for more pictures from the scene


Actually I watched Taken 2 twice. The first one is with my friend, Dila, and the second one is with my usual cinema-mate, my boyfriend. I love Liam Neeson since I watched Star Wars episode 1 and episode 2 when he played Qui-Gon Jinn. Then, when he played Henri Ducard/Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises, after that he voiced Aslan in Narnia, and lastly as Zeus in Clash of Titan and Wrath of Titan.

I watched Taken 1 and really like the way he played Bryan Mills. And how protective he was towards his daughter. Taken 2 didn't disappoint me at all. All the characters are all played by the same person, including his ex-wife, daughter and friends.

Taken 2 is the sequel from Taken 1. In Taken 1, an Albanian gang which is control by Marko  from Tropoja kidnap Bryan Mills's (Liam Neeson) daughter, Kim (Maggie Grace), when she traveled to Paris with her friend to be sold and be a sex slave. As a retired CIA operative, Bryan promised his ex-wife, Lenore/Lennie (Famke Jannsen) that he will bring their daughter back no matter what. So, he did find her and killed Marko as a payment. 

In Taken 2, Marko's dad (Rade Sherbedgia) swore that he will killed Bryan, Lenore and Kim at his son's grave in Albania. He managed to kidnap Bryan and Lenore only, when three of them were having their summer holiday in Istanbul. Kim managed to escape and by his father guidance, she managed to save his father. Bryan swore to Kim that he will bring back Lenore to her and get them out of Istanbul safely.

Overall, this movie is very good. I learnt some good things, on what I could do if someone bad is chasing me or trying to kidnap me. Good movie from Liam Neeson and I hope there will be Taken 3 after this!

My rating is 7.5/10 meanwhile IMDB gave out 6.7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...