Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation Review


As you guys don't know, I don't do foundation or bb cream much. Why? Well, for two reasons. First, I don't want a cakey face. Secondly, I don't want my face to be acne-prone because of that foundation or bb cream. I have un-flawless skin like everybody does. However, I don't have acne, just redness on my cheek next to my nose bridge. 

However there is a foundation that I like. Not love, just like. It is REVLON ColorStay Liquid Foundation with SoftFlex in shade sand beige. 

 
I don't know the price of this foundation, as I got this from my oldest sister but I think its RM60++. She said, it doesn't suit her much as she like compressed foundation more than liquid foundation. 

The foundation container is a sleek glass bottle that holds 30 ml of liquid foundation, which is 1 oz. There are 20 shades to choose from but luckily my sister chose the right color. She and I have similar base skin tone as we are Chinese mixed (my grandma). She choose sand beige because she has yellow undertone just like I do. The foundation has a little bit of scent. I don't know whether you will like it or not but I find every foundation has the same scent. Luckily, it isn't too overpowering. 

This foundation is available in two formulas, combination/oily and normal/dry, great news for the users. However, the SPF is so low, only 6. Well, this is not a benefit for someone who lives in Malaysia. Revlon claims that this foundation is oil free, can control shine, look natural and flawless and have absolute transfer resistant. 

Well, I agreed with all that. This foundation is the best as it doesn't give me result in acne or make my skin break-out. It sure earns the right name of ColorStay as it really stays on my skin more than 16 hours. Before this I have wore this liquid foundation starting from 6 pm (during my college annual dinner) and I don't clean my face until 12 o'clock in the next afternoon but the foundation is still there.

In sand beige
Blended
However, the problem with this foundation is that it dries so fast. The formula is very heavy and creamy and you have to blend it quicker to avoid patchiness. Another problem is, it doesn't come out with a pump. This is a total major problem for all the users. I think it doesn't come with a pump because you might get some of the foundation stuck in the hole of the pump because it dries very fast. I always waste a little bit on my sponge everytime I try to apply it on my face because of no-pump available.



I wear this foundation with dampened sponge for a full coverage rather than using my fingers as I have to blend quicker. The water from the sponge helps it from not set so quickly. The foundation blend easily and it does achieve a very flawless finish which I like. Moreover, the good thing about it is, it doesn't transfer to your clothes, finger or anything even though you're sweating. You'll never see it residue only if you remove it with your makeup remover. I have oily skin, but it doesn't make my face shine or get oilier afterwards.

Well, you can tell that there is a lot of things that I like about this product. However, I only like this product but I don't love it because of this.


Can you see the difference? That's why I don't do foundation much and I hate western makeup. Most of western makeups have pink undertone meanwhile Asians have yellow undertone. Sadly, this foundation really give good coverage and look natural on my face. It's just that wearing this make me feel like my face is from another part and my body is from another part.

So, what do you guys think?

3 comments:

  1. I am in love with this foundation and will definitely purchase another one once it's done!
    I do have a problem with the undertone too since i'm part asian, but what I do is just use a small amount of foundation.. it seems to help :P
    Read my review here:
    http://themonroeaffair.blogspot.com/2012/07/review-revlon-colorstay-foundation.html ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to get Buff, I got that it and it definitely has yellow undertones... going to try to return for Sand Beige!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking for a good contextual ad company, I suggest that you check out PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...